Role and Responsibilities of the Student:-
Stages for Students entering the Dual System:
- Find an Employer
- Sign Contract that Employer will Register with Chamber of Commerce
- Provide evidence of Contract when Registering with College
- In the context of the Dual System (4 Years) the Person is required to secure an Employer that will facilitate paid employment where he/she will spend Two Thirds of the Programme working with the Employer and One Third of the time in the College.
- Students must achieve an Attendance Record of 70% for all Courses
- As relates to non-Dual System Re —Full Time (4 Years) Programmes in the College the Students receive no payment and there is an Eight Weeks Work Placement to be completed in Third Year.
- In relation to student completing Full Time Programmes in the College it is their responsibility to complete research regarding the most appropriate Company as relates to their Studies for their 8 Weeks Work Placement in Third Year —(Help will be provided where students are having difficulties finding an Employer)
- All Students must Operate as a Professional Person while completing the Work Placement Re—Conduct, Dress, Time Keeping, Attendance, Communication and engagement with Company Staff
- All Students must inform both the Employer and the College when ill or unable to attend for Work Placement experience.
- All Students must Complete Records of their Work Placement
- All Students must cooperate with the completion of Contract Documentation
- All Students must be prepared to design and deliver a Presentation for their Teachers and fellow students as capturing their Experience during their Work Placement.