Name: Michael Simcock
Date: Wednesday 14 January 2015
Organisation: South Eastern Regional
- Activity description (Summary of what was done that day)
Training Centre of Deutsche Telekom – Mrs Mirrek (Director)
- Organisation of dual training, recruitment, support of learners, evolution of training at company level and cooperation with vocational college.
- What did I learn from this activity? What insights did this new knowledge give to me in relation to school/organisation, learner and employer?
- Deutsche Telekom invest heavily in their training programme with 484 students currently in training.
- Offer both technical and business training
- Training last 4 years, but students also gain university entrance certificate
- How did I feel about what was presented to me? What did I find innovative? What did I find difficult or challenging to do or understand and why?
Emphasis on encouraging females and single parents into the programme
- What is working well and could be applied in my organisation and why? How would you go about doing this?
Student retention very high, this is due to ensuring the correct candidates are selected to enter the programme. More selective entry criteria to be applied during course application and interview process.
- What definitely would not work in my organisation and why?
The company pays for the industry certification for the student. This is probably not feasible due to budgetary constraints.
- Any additional comments